Thursday, June 26, 2008

I curse the day you were born!!

My title from this one comes straight from Julie's suggestion... I guess I could say that as I was punching him in the face...

Lately I've been thinking about moving somewhere. Like somewhere drastic... New York City. I think I'm getting antsy being in Birmingham and need a little change. Or a big one. I keep getting told by people older than me (by anywhere from 5 years to 25 years) "If I were your age, I would move somewhere cool and have fun! I'd travel, do all sorts of things!" Apparently getting married at 22-25 isn't as glamourous as us 22-25 single girls think it is. Because when you're 30 and you've reached that seven year itch, apparently you start telling single girls "If I were your age..." because you didn't do those things when you were our age. You got married. Sucks for you, right?

I just digressed majorly... I've always been extremely sensible. I've never maxed my credit card out on a pair of shoes that cost more than my rent (although my cards are nearly maxed out... but it's from buying gas and groceries; again, extremely sensible). I've never taken any kind of chance... the biggest chance I've ever taken was moving to Cuba for a summer to do an internship. But, it wasn't really a chance... I had a job there, a house there... And even then, I was so petrified that I almost didn't go. My sensibilites have taken over my urges to move all the way to NYC. It's kinda sad, but I think in the end, I would be completely unhappy. And I really have this fear that if I move up there, people are going to be like "OMG... say something Southern! Do you hear that accent?! Wow!" Either that or I'm going to get run over in the subway because I wasn't walking fast enough.

So I've made a new plan... really it's just the original plan, but funner! (Legally Blonde reference; no I don't say "funner") I'm going to stay where I am, work at my new/old job, go to school, watch football, paint my apartment... then after I'm finished, I'm going to move. Not 100% sure where yet... But it's going to be great.. I promise. You can come visit. We'd love to have you.

I've also realized that through all this I have really amazing friends. I never thought I'd be the type of person who said something as cheesy as that, but I do... But what's really funny to me (in a funny weird way) is that the people I figured would care the most actually seem to care the least... Maybe that's my doing. But after this whole fiasco from the bastard, I really noticed who was there and who told me they would do whatever I needed... even kicking him in the nut sack... I wish that I could be as amazing of a friend as they've been to me. I try, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. I tend to be too "me-focused." I dunno... maybe it's just all in my head and I'm really not as selfish and self-centered as I think I am. Maybe I'm just finally realizing that sometimes I need to take a moment for myself.

Isn't that a candy bar commercial? I'll get back to you on that one.

No comments: